03 November 2008

2 - two, er, zwei

...little dude that was noisily chomping on his nut outside of our window yesterday. :-)

Two more weeks. I don't really believe this kid will voluntarily come out as he's been engaged head down for weeks now, Ive been having lots of contractions but last week's doc appointment confirmed no dilation whatsoever. I think he is happy just where he is even if he is upside down and quickly running out of room as can be evidenced by the dramatic return of my heartburn and lack of lung capacity.

In happy news, my best friend julie found out this week that she is expecting a wee lad! The mental image of our two boys playing together, climbing trees, romping around with wrigley (their dog), makes me smile.

Weekend was a nice one. Saturday we hung out with our friends Vlad and Camile who had us over to their place for a delicious chicken stroganoff, and hours of cerebral conversation ranging from work to religion to politics.

On Sunday U & I headed to Flushing cause I was officially desperate for dim sum again . It was sooooo nice to walk around Flushing, breathe in the cornucopia of asian scents - roasted duck, wonton soup, stalls full of ginseng and shitake mushroom - finally some culture and life after my self inflicted exile within suburban Long Island which was based on a false notion that I might somehow give birth at any time. Anyways. The place we went to for dim sum was delicious. It was packed and there was a bit of a wait but the carts served fresh delicate and unique dishes and U & I both ate til we were stuffed. Afterwards we strolled around a bit more and although my stomach was at full capacity I couldn't leave without my Boba tea and some chinese cakes/bakeries. :-)

Today - back at work where the receptionist greeted me with the now often heard.. "You're still here?!". People keep asking me when I'm officially off. At some point I think I decided but didn't verbalize that I intend to work until I can't work anymore (ie: baby is coming or out) since the idea of sitting around at home waiting for baby and watching daytime TV sounds more torturous than waiting at work where I can at least have some occasional human contact. Last week we also received news from the Lab's day care confirming that there will definitely be space for baby! U is really relieved and I am happy as well. We have heard only positive things about the quality of the day care and as it's literally on the Lab's main campus, U will be a 5 minute walk away and I am hoping to be able to head over for visits/feedings during lunch break. A good relief to know that this is settled.

If you are a regular reader of this post and havn't done so already, please kindly begin to do "baby come out" dances for me.. I don't feel guilty for asking this anymore because he is officially fully baked!!

Week 38

2 comments:

Monica and Steve said...

Look at that gorgeous bump!

Doing a happy healthy labor and delivery dance (wiggle wiggle)

Unknown said...

Baby Bi won't want to come out if you keep streaming yummy dim sum in to him! Eat some stinky tofu and he'll be out in no time!

Can't wait for our boys to get into a mess of trouble together!