I havn't been to the city in a few weeks and was experiencing withdrawal symptoms towards the end of last week. U & I planned to head there this past weekend but on reflection decided that I probably wouldn't last too long waddling very very slowly in NYC and having to constantly search for bathrooms. So instead we spent the beautiful fall Sunday at a nearby Arboretum and were both pleasantly surprised by how refreshing and enjoyable it was to stroll slowly hand in hand and see all the exotic and majestic trees. Yes we're hippies!




I like the picture where U is absorbing the Oak's power and wisdom :-)
Yesterday a colleague told me her daughter's labor story: that she was sleeping and when she woke up the baby was practically coming out. She didn't have time to make it to the hospital and her son-in-law delivered the baby in bed!! This was their first born! That was quite a shocking story to me as I have for months now been mentally preparing for a long drawn out process whereby I try to spend as much time as possible waiting to progress at home before I head to the hospital to probably then spend another seemingly endless amount of time waiting. I suppose what to expect is the unexpected - except for getting a baby at the end of it which I'd better!
According to a number of resources, baby is full-term this week. A few sources say 38 weeks but in any case, the end is supposedly nigh. Overall I am feeling pretty "in the zone" and although I am eager to meet my baby, I am taking things one day at a time and seeing each day that I'm not in labor, as another day to enjoy life as a pre-baby couple with my darling U. I do admit to being more alert to my body's twinges lately and although I have yet to feel the need to time any of my BH contractions, I am aware that they are becoming more frequent and a little stronger if not yet regular. I am quietly wondering all the time, what it will feel like and when I will know that I'm in labor. Silly as it sounds, Ive also reached the point where every now and then I can't help but think that I don't really believe a baby will be coming out of me ever and I will just stay big bellied and cumbersome forever. Yes its illogical and not terribly rational but after 9 months of carrying him around, one can't help but wonder what "normal" really is...
slept particularly poorly the night before this photo was taken so please don't mind the grumpy face! Week 37

3 comments:
Oh, Tinee -
hard last weeks for you and your general mood -
but please believe me, hundreds of becoming moms have had the same feelings and questions >: will I be the same after birth ? and my belly ?
I remember, when I returned from hospital -at home, first I checked my weight and then my normal clothes. Every woman is fond of becoming attractive again as soon as possible, being in harmony with her soul and outfit = individually !
All my thoughts are with you !!! Bille Ma
Hi "C Lo",
I discovered your blog through Aron's blog...we just want to wish you and Uli a big big GOOD LUCK for your new arrival! You'll see, the beginning can be a bit tiring, but then you are going to be so happy!!
All the best from all of us,
Giovanna, Giovanni and Giulia (from London)
P.S. By the way, "delivery stories" are not always scary..Giulia arrived two weeks early, and with a perfect epidural I did not feel anything :)
giovannna how lovely to hear from you and thanks for the words of wisdom! We miss all of you in London and hope to visit soon with Baby! Kisses to baby Giulia :-) xx
Post a Comment