07 October 2008

6 - six, liu, sechs

This past weekend U and I were super productive on the nesting front. We also put up decorative pieces to the baby's room and it felt gooooood. We did a full on clean out of our various storage spaces, chucked a bunch of stuff, put things in order and washed most of the new baby clothes which are now fresh folded and waiting. It was SUCH a good feeling to have cleared out stuff to make room for all the new (kid) stuff we now have. Ive never been averse to throwing things away. I actually quite enjoy de-cluttering. Its the process of sifting through the stuff, and being in contact with dust (achoo!) that turns me off the chore. Anyways... the point is that Ive never felt quite so wonderful about doing house work... Fulfilling those evolutionary ticks I suppose!

Last night, I spotted the first actual real proper stretch mark on the right side of my stomach. I still have an inny belly button but its getting kinda red and sore which is unpleasant. I was surprisingly unemotional about the stretch mark although Im irrationally hoping it wont grow/become more visible. With 6 more weeks to go and regular growth in stomach size, that hope is irrational indeed.

I think this third trimester has also been the most emotional. Im crying a lot and this includes not just crying at things that make me upset, but the stereotypical crying at commercials, tv shows, bawling at the song "I knew I loved you before I Met You" by Savage Garden because suddenly it has a new meaning... things like that. I guess this means the hormones are a-ragin' and Im definitely feeling less in control of my emotions. Oh I also started crying last week when upon my suggestion U said he'd prefer not have Saturday lunch at the Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet....Giant alligator tears ensued. Needless to say he offered to take me there THIS Saturday and when we drove up, me full of anticipation for endless fried wontons, the sign on the door said "closed for renovation due to fire". Karma for my gluttony..

All in all, the discomforts they tell you about for the third trimester are true. The worst one is not being able to bloody breathe and being punished for eating because after you eat there's even less room to breathe. The inability to find comfortable positions to sit, stand, sleep in, are also exacerbating. All these things plus the constant feeling of weight and pressure ultimately leads to that feeling of... alright this was fun for a period but it is now officially not fun. I admit to kinda hoping he'll come soon even though I know if I were a good selfless mom I'd not want him to come until he's due. But common... six more weeks...really?! uggggh.

Funny how last week it was all.. 7 more weeks woohoo!! And this week despite the countdown Im all

six. more. weeks....

Hey Im human. And Im pregnant and tired and Im ready to be unpregnant now and am even looking forward to labor in order to be unpregnant. yes its come to that. So there.

Baby, I hope you're listening. Ill give you another 3 weeks and no sooner, but it'd be great if you could arrive happily and healthily at week 37 failing which I may serve you with a formal eviction notice and will retain your deposit - thanks.

.... he's so going to be late isn't he?

Goth mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

girl...i completely know what you are talking about here. but please try hard to get as much sleep as possible...cuz soon you will lose that too :)