21 October 2008

4 - four, si, vier

After reading the article below and having a good think about what my impatience for Baby Bi's early arrival really meant (ie: pain and discomfort induced selfishness), Ive felt much more at peace this week and have been able to endure the discomforts better.

I really must declare how blessed and lucky I feel to have had such a healthy pregnancy thus far. I know Ive done more than my share of whining, but the truth is that things could have been much harder. I've had no morning sickness, healthy blood-pressure, no gestational diabetes, nearly textbook weight gain (currently 25 lbs), baby seems to be growing well with a nice heartbeat at every doctor's visit, and I've now reached the stage in my pregnancy where we know things will most likely be fine if he comes out anytime from here on out. I'm just wishing and praying that when he does come, he will be a perfectly healthy and happy little guy.

36 weeks, 4 weeks left, this is excitement! Our own little child, will soon be with us. Quite an incredible thought.

We're pretty much done with the preparations. U installed the car seat this weekend and my hospital bags are packed (although I keep taking things out of it). We've chosen a pediatrician and I have managed to finish off some big projects at work. More or less all that's left now is to try to find ways to occupy my thoughts and keep busy while waiting for that "hunny, it's time" moment to arrive.

In the meantime, I'm feeling fat, lucky and happy. :-)

1 comment:

karobug said...

i love the preggie pics! hehe, you look like me when i was 6 months pregnant with cady! i heard mommies make more amniotic fluid after the first kid. my obgyn at cady's birth said, "she was swimming in there!!"