...does that intro give you some insight into my current emotional state?
Weekend recap: Friday night I went out with my colleague for Indian Food so the old wives suggestion of eating spicy food to induce labor - tick. done that. verdict = leads to nothing except what can usually be expected from eating spicy foods ie: all stomach related issues EXCEPT having a baby.
Saturday was rather nasty weather wise so we had a quiet one at home. Sunday however was beautiful so U and I went for another one of our now weekly strolls. This time we went to Caumset National Park. The intention was to take a light easy stroll but somehow our route turned into a 3.5 mile journey. This walk at 39 weeks pregnant seriously nearly left me giving birth in a pile of autumn leaves, or so it felt! I went to bed last night thinking that the walk had to have done something. Old wives suggestion of taking a long walk - tick. did it. verdict = completely ineffective
So the weekend was pretty tough cause each day I thought this was IT. Every night I went to bed hoping to wake up in the night timing contractions. I can't tell you how slowly time moves when one is this pregnant and all there is to do is wait and find ways to distract oneself whilst waiting. I'm feeling so much pelvic pressure and pain that I didn't think my body could seriously hold him in much longer but alas, I am mistaken. Here I sit at work, with my baby in the belly, still incubating happily away. My will has nothing to do with his and this has been a theme Ive had to learn slowly throughout this pregnancy.
... you know writing those few lines above has already made me feel better. Blogging can be therapeutic and with those from the heart words "out there", I realize that its no big deal, so he's still in utero, so the third trimester has been emotionally and physically tougher by many exponents, so what. Obama has been elected, we both still have jobs during this recession, and baby's not even technically due. I'm being crazy and impatient. So long as he's happy and healthy, what else can possibly matter. Things are good. Life is good. This countdown may lead to a countup beginning next week but so what. I'm pregnant and expecting a baby with the most wonderful man I've ever known. I am an extremely lucky woman.
haha. amazing emotional evolution in the duration of writing one post! This is seriously how my emotions have been lately.
On that note, Im posting not two, but THREE whole photos of moi at week 39. And one of U celebrating "Movember" :-)



3 comments:
I know it's hard, but just try not to think too much about WHEN the moment will come...and even if nothing happened, long walks definitely help you to stay fit (by the way, not a lot of women at this stage of pregnancy would be able to walk so long, so well done!). Maybe Giulia arrived a couple of weeks earlier because she was getting tired of 'bumpy' Vespa rides on the streets of London :)
Love from a very, very rainy London!
Ah, as much as people tell you "don't be impatient" it's bound to happen. You are ready to meet your little one!
But sooner than later, he'll be a year old and you'll wonder...why was I so anxious that last week? :)
Because you're about to meet the newest love of your life. And your life will never be the same. It'll be better than you ever ever imagined.
Hang in there! Tom Petty knew it... the waiiiiiiiiting is the hardest part. :)
Best advice I got: do WHATEVER you want, indulge yourself completely. You're about to switch to a life that is totally focused on someone else, so make this last part of your pregnancy all about whatever makes you happy.
Thinking about you!
Post a Comment