13 November 2008

weird but notable

The past few weekly posts i've stopped listing the physical symptoms of pregnancy mainly because they were getting repetitive and not terribly interesting. Recently however, Ive had some unusual - even weird things happening to my body that I thought might be interesting to note. perhaps not terribly interesting for you, dear reader, but for my own future reference.

1) migraine: 2 days ago I was at work when I realized that I couldn't see properly, that I was really struggling to read the words on my computer screen and that there were unusual sparkly wavy lines across my vision. It didn't last long... only about half an hour and went away without incidence but it was very very unusual and quite scary to have obstructed vision like that. The last thing I wanted was to have a seizure and keel over.

I called my doctor's office for the first time in this pregnancy and when the doc finally called back, he said that I was having a migraine and that it could turn into a headache. He said that its one of those things that can happen at this stage in pregnancy. He suggested I go home and get rest. Since it was over and never turned into a headache I stayed at work but it was a strange experience.

2) little red blood vessel clots on skin: no not pimples nor vericose veins. Just a slightly raised red dot. Since i got pregnant I developed a few of these. One of these was on the top part of my left nose and I never thought about it since it looked a bit like a scar from picking at a pimple (ew). Anyways, I came out of a warm shower and when i looked down noticed blood gushing onto my big pregnant belly. Where was it coming from? I looked up into the mirror and saw that it was coming from my nose but not from inside my nose. That tiny little red dot on top of my nose was gushing blood and did not stop bleeding for nearly an hour.

Rather frightening so again I picked up the phone to call the doc. By the time he called back it had just stopped. I thought he would say... this is very common at this stage, blah blah but this time, he said things like "interesting" and "don't forget to show me when I see you next". So we still don't know what that whole episode was about but it was certainly strange and I wonder if it has something to do with my steadily increasing blood pressure (common during end of pregnancy)

3) the "nesting urge": Many people have been offered me their pre-labor anecdotes recently and a number have told me that I will know that its going to happen soon when I suddenly find myself cleaning like mad. So with my eagerness to meet baby, I have been waiting for this urge for the past few weeks and found that nope... I still had no desire to clean even though the house was getting increasingly messy.

Until now.

I literally got up off the couch about 2 hours ago and made dinner. After making dinner I decided to wash the dishes. Normal so far. After washing the dishes I decided that the stove top needed scrubbing so I did that. Upon completion of that task I rearranged our wine glasses, dusted the entire apartment and gave the bathroom a once over.

Now I need to know.. was this the nesting urge? I didnt go overboard - like reorganizing all the shelves and stuff but was this it?

Tonight is the full moon people... you never know!!!! :-)

2 comments:

Monica and Steve said...

That's definitely nesting.

SO CLOSE! WOOHOO!!

Anonymous said...

Full moon did it for me...and maybe for you too :)