... or not!
The countdown ends today - Baby Bi's due date has finally come and about to be gone in a few more hours. Unless I give birth in the next 6 hours, we will be starting count-up imminently.
This weekend was a tough one emotionally and physically. My boss was out sick last week and U was complaining of a sore throat. The last thing I wanted was to catch a nasty cold before going into labor so U came home with surgical face masks and we implemented a quarantine of sorts at home.
Unfortunately I caught the cold anyway and somehow the sore throat, sinus pain, aches and chills on top of everything else just seemed too much to bear and I could be found teary and rather emotional on a few occasions this weekend. The continued lack of sleep hasn't helped my frazzled nerves either. So last night I succumbed, took the drugs and slept for more than four hours (total, and does not account for waking up frequently in that time) for the first time in ages and with the rest the cold seems to be moving through my system rather quickly.
Ive been receiving so many nice messages from friends family and colleagues who are eager to offer support and encouragement during these last days. Im grateful for this pouring of love and its definitely helping me through. I dont know really why I'm finding this period so tough... I suppose waiting never does come easy for the impatient! My mom keeps reminding me that its a joyous time and I know.. I know its true! But Im so so tired from not sleeping. I think thats the main problem. Any advice on how to get through this with some dignity will be appreciated!
17 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are having a baby! That should be reason enough. As far as sleep goes, don't count on getting more after delivery. From what I hear, it goes down hill......
So sorry you got sick :( Hang in there, he'll be here before you know it and you'll have a son to love more than you've ever loved before!!
I've been thinking of you!
Monica
Hang in there, think that the big moment is getting closer and closer each day! I am afraid there's probably not going to be much sleep after the birth either, at least during the initial period..but things will improve with time. Hope you feel better soon. A big hug!
Post a Comment