Yesterday afternoon just before the work week drew to a close and I was ready to finish and head off, my boss asked me if we could head down the hall to speak with a colleague about an important project we had been working on. We headed towards this colleagues office and he wasnt there, but another colleague advised that he was in the cafeteria getting coffee so my boss said "lets go find him there".
When we open the cafeteria doors however, it wasnt just this colleague we found... but instead I was greeted with ALL of my work colleagues as well as Uli and many of his lab colleagues for a big pre-planned surprise baby shower.
I was like a deer caught in headlights and as the images below I think show, was a hot giddy pregnant mess as I was promptly seated next to U for a good hour-long present opening session. It was all so overwhelming and Uli and I were so touched by the incredible kindness and generosity of our colleagues. We were given what seemed like an endless myriad of gifts including the car seat we had been eyeing, gift vouchers to Babies R' Us and loads of other wonderful things for Baby Bi.
Here's a video slideshow documenting the whole lovely event:
Thanks CSHL for everything!!
27 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment