Not sure why Im harping on about this except that the countdown has reached 8 weeks to go and perhaps this is Baby Bi's "lucky" week where he grows even more into the happy healthy baby we've been praying for.
Yesterday I had my first long-ish conversation with him. I know everyone says you should talk to the baby, read it books, play it music.. but have you ever tried talking to your stomach? Its frankly, more than a little silly and after a few seconds I run out of things to say. U talks to my stomach almost daily before bed now and every single day its the exact same conversation which goes something like this:
"Helloo... this is your daaaaddy... how's it goooing..."
This is usually followed by a German oompa-loompa tune or a nonsensical self-composed diddy of some sort, lyrics free, as well as multiple tummy kisses and some light poking and prodding until the baby squirms and is fully awake... just in time for U to turn around, go to sleep, leaving me sleepless with powerful karate kicks for the next half hour plus. Oh how i love my darling husband :-)
So anyway back to my own conversations with the baby/belly which usually consists of telling him that i love him, that all i want is for him to be healthy and happy, that although we can't wait to meet him he needs to stay put for at least 5 more weeks but preferably not too much longer than that please to spare his poor mother..haha only kidding about the last part.. (kinda).
This past weekend Tim and Frauke returned to Germany but before they departed made me deliriously happy by helping us pick up and set up the crib. With the crib up, I feel like my nest is complete - all it needs now are some bells and whistles but the structure of the nest is there now and I pause outside of the baby's to-be room every time I walk by, and it makes me smile like the cheezy mom-to-be that I am.


On physical manifestations, not much new to report except more of everything. More baby hiccups, more powerful movements, more braxton hicks, more visits to the bathroom, more weight gain, more close to his arrival! My visits to the OB will now also increase from every 4 weeks to every 2 weeks (with the next one scheduled for tomorrow) and hopefully we'll learn more about how things are physically progressing for both me and Baby Bi.
In the meantime, we can go by this trusty resource:

1 comment:
Look at that gorgeous belly of yours! You are glowing. I'm so so excited for you!!
Post a Comment