15 September 2008

9 - nine, jio, neun


We're into the single digits! This week we enter week 31 and the countdown continues. Im still feeling excited by the fact that we're counting down and not up!

This past week was full of adventures. It's been great having Tim and Frauke in town and on Thursday U & I took a day off to head to the Hamptons with them. The above picture is taken in Montauk near the light house. Besides our adventures in the Hamptons, we have enjoyed talks over dinner and catching up with them generally. They are staying in the city tonight but then returning to LI until the end of the week. So the fun continues!

This past Saturday, my beloved Julie also came to town to throw me a baby shower. It was co-ed a.k.a a "Jack and Jill" and not alcohol free so it wasn't your usual sober affair, but it was just perfect and so great to be around our closest friends again. It makes me want to have more babies asap for an excuse to get together.

(very much only kidding..)

Highlights included the delicious menu Julie planned, the baby bottle beer-chugging contest where I laughed so hard I thought the baby was going to pop out, the baby onesie, hat and sock decorating, and the overall great feeling of being surrounded by my homies. We missed our friends who couldn't make it but definitely had them in our thoughts.

Baby Shower photos here

Last week I also had a routine OB visit. I had intended to remember stats but the pregnancy brain is in effect again so I only have a meesly few to report:

My current weight: 135 lbs
My weight gain to date: 17 lbs
My fundal height: 31 cms - on target
My blood pressure: 100/58
My recent cravings: this awesome Dutch cheese with grapes

Baby Bi's heart rate: I forgot, but it sure sounded strong and loud!
Baby Bi's weight: estimated 3.5 lbs
Baby Bi's length: estimated 18 inches
Baby Bi's cravings: Dutch cheese and grape infused amniotic fluid. Mmm....

On the physical manifestations front, I am getting Braxton Hicks contractions more frequently although drinking water seems to alleviate them. The back pain can still be really debilitating at times and is probably the main culprit for the onset of very bad moods by yours truly. Although my weight gain can be considered normal, Im definitely getting into the visibly-larger-all-around phase and the daily mirror check-outs have been reduced to avoid self loathing and guilt from eating loads. Other than that, baby is moving lots with more squirmy/wriggling around movements near my ribs and stomach, compared with the former low-punches. I meant to ask the doctor about his current position but alas... I forgot...

Growing growing!

2 comments:

Monica and Steve said...

Hi gorgeous mama! The shower pictures looked like so much fun--you and baby bi deserve to be celebrated :)

You're in the homestretch! Keep drinking the water and SLOW DOWN when you get too many B/H contractions. Rest rest rest rest rest. Even if you can't sleep well, put your feet up, girl.

Can't wait to meet your little avocado!!!

karobug said...

I'm throwing a shower for a friend who's having twins in March and totally stealing your shower games! Hmm...does drinking beer from a baby bottle alleviate gas? ;) Hang in there! Get all the pampering you can squeeze out of everyone around you!