

The countdown begins and I shall be counting down in all of our 3 languages (english, chinese, german)!
10 weeks left, theoretically. I do realize that the keyword here is theoretically and that by doing an actual countdown, I may be setting myself up for an inevitable disappointment/frustration if he's late, but I just can't help it! At the moment Im convinced Ill be ok if he's a bit late - so long as I get to enjoy for the next 10 weeks, the joyful feeling of getting ever closer to meeting him. 10 weeks 10 weeks 10 weeks to go! Ten just feels like a highly reachable target. I'm all optimistic anticipation people!
With the countdown Ive also decided to stir things up a bit by putting belly pics up first, and foregoing the vege/fruit analogy this week. Yes.. I like to live dangerously...
Uli's brother Tim and his lovely girlfriend Frauke arrived in NY this Saturday amidst Tropical Storm 'Hanna'. Thankfully they arrived safely though a bit tired and wet, but the next day was a BEAUTIFUL day which was promptly spent on the beach. This week they are renting a car and are going to explore the Island then really get into NYC adventures next week.
Besides their visit, there's not much to report except that U's Lab volleyball league have a crucial game tonight which will determine whether they are in the championship final. Yes I know... our surburban life couldn't get any more gripping.. haha.
At the moment I don't feel like repeating the same list of physical discomforts so we'll skip the weekly physical manifestations. Only new thing is that I am getting a few more Braxton Hicks or practice contractions. Im really feeling quite great about hitting week 30 and starting this countdown, so its all positive from here on!
..Ahem! here's hoping! :-)
**edit/mini update: With his ear pressed to my belly in strategic positions, U has been able to hear Baby's heartbeat pitter-pattering away. He's quite proud of the fact that finally he can experience the baby in a way I can't. I guess Ill let him have this one..!
No comments:
Post a Comment