20 May 2008

heart to heart

had a bit of a scare today and ended up at the doctors. Ive been sleeping badly recently, not sure why but certainly exacerbated by the need to pee so often! Anyway i woke up feeling miserable and at breakfast was experiencing shortness of breath followed by what felt like heart palpitations, almost like skipped beats that were "radiating" to the right side of my neck.

My worry immediately went to the baby and after lying down for a while I felt better. At around noon I decided to head to work but once at work, the shortness of breath got worse and at one point I felt dizzy. My lovely boss insisted I go see the doc and not come back today. And also luckily I got an appointment quickly. The doctor doesnt know if its anything worrying, but want me to go see a cardiologist and get some blood tests.

But none of this is remotely as exciting as the fact that due to this scary incident, we got to hear the baby's heart beating 2 days early!!! :-) :-) It was an amazing sound and like last time when we saw the baby on sonogram, I totally froze while U gave what sounded like a little "whoop!" haha. The baby's heart was beating 140 per minute which is apparently good. It was such a wondrous relief and joy to hear!!

So a bad day has turned into a good one, just like that. I am already falling in love with my little baby bi..

No comments: