Week 13 and end of the first trimester! Hard to believe that we are 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy already! I say already.. but actually time has been a funny and hard to grasp phenomenon during this period of my life. Some days, it feels like I will be pregnant forever but never have a belly to show off. Other days, I can't believe that things are progressing so quickly. This week, the baby develops to the size of a peach (or as another pregnancy source says.. size of a medium shrimp?!). The only major physical symptom Ive suffered is indigestion and heartburn and this past week it seems to have gotten a bit worse as can be evidenced by my hiccuping, burping, acid reflux and other general gastro-yuckiness whilst I'm lounging on the couch after dinner. Lower back pain is also creeping in slowly but surely and is a physical reminder that I need to get my butt up and doing some exercise, stat!
Back to the issue of time passing, we have an exciting and fully packed summer ahead of us which will help pass the time leading up to birth of little peach. here's what our summer looks like so far:
this week (May): U's mom and dad visit from Germany over Memorial Day weekend
June: my sisters spend the first week of their summer vacation with us; my band does a gig at the end of June
July: Jim and Kerri visit from London
August: our Spanish friend Marta comes to CSHL
September: Tim and Frauke visit
October: possible baby shower
November: await arrival of our little peach turned giant watermelon! :-)
Looking forward to a fun-filled summer with friends and family. Also this week, we have our second pre-natal appointment! It feels like eons since the last appointment so I am eagerly awaiting to receive updates about how the baby is doing. We're hoping to see the baby again, and maybe hear the heartbeat in addition to seeing it this time... so so excited!!
2 comments:
Congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester!
The Heartburn--I'm not a soda person, but drinking natural gingerale (like Reed's or Boylans) really really helped.
You're in a band???
--Monica
Hello my little bee.
Was a bit worried today about your circulation, but in the end the doctors visit provided a very happy surprise. Many, many strong bump, bump, bumps from our little peach, which we heard over the doppler. May you have a strong little heart too bee. Love you. U
Post a Comment