This week marks the 15th week of my pregnancy and baby is about the size of an orange. At least I think so. The reason for the confusion is not due to my carelessness or the fact that the baby seems to be eating my brain lately and I am getting forgetful, but because at our first sonogram the doctor suggested that we might be about half a week behind what we thought we were. But then at my appointment last week, I was told I was 14 weeks so they seem to be using the initial calculation again..hmm.
Anyway, we'll go with the more optimistic date of 15 weeks making my due date November 18th. Ive hesitated to post my due date until now mainly because I dont really want to have a date in mind where I expect the baby to arrive. Knowing my tendency towards impatience and most babies' tendency to come whenever they damn well please, I hope that having a broader "due period" will make the anxiousness and expectation a bit less focused and specific. So lets just say Im due in late November.
Uli's parents were in town visiting this past weekend and we spent a lovely time together. Its a blessing to have in-laws who are so easygoing and truly nice. We didn't do too much during their visit, but they didnt seem to mind just chilling out with us and witnessing U and I's daily routines. The memorial day weekend was beautiful weather wise and it was nice to have our first day on the beach of the year.
This past weekend I think my tummy has grown although still not to a point where I look obviously pregnant. They say that with the first pregnancy, your stomach muscles are resisting the stretch and therefore women tend to show later. I have to say I am quite impressed with my "stomach muscles" which I never thought I had, as they seem to be resisting the growth... but common already Ive been pretty unfit and any muscle has surely turned into jello! Im ready to have a bigger belly!
As the belly grows, I find myself being drawn to it by some alien magnetic or jedi force. My hands and my stomach seem to find each other by an extraterrestrial consciousness and I find myself suddenly rubbing and stroking it. When I look down and find it protruding past where I had always expected it to be, I feel a sense of happiness and anticipation for more, more belly!
Im sure women who have been through the whole pregnancy will advise that once the belly actually reaches 7,8,9 months, the novelty will have wained considerably especially as it can be linked with stretch marks and even worse indigestion/shortness of breath/hemmorhoids and other lovely effects of a 7,8,9 pound human being growing inside!
Nevertheless, while we were out for a walk in the park this weekend, I found myself saying to U that I want to have another baby in a few years. "You're enjoying being pregnant aren't you?" he said with a smile, and I was slightly surprised to find myself saying "Ya, Im loving it."
Some pictures from Memorial day weekend:
No comments:
Post a Comment