19 June 2008

Rock mama

... thats what someone called me last night at my band's first public gig at a local bar in Huntington (the Nags Head). The performance was fun, though I was more than average nervous about the gig last night. A number of factors contributed to the anxiety including 1) my boss and his wife were coming and that afternoon at work he had teased me about needing to lie-down before the performance which promptly led to a dramatic increase in anxiety 2) our band had only practiced 3 times since our last performance which was 3 months ago 3) I couldn't picture myself "rocking" with my new found physique.

Thankfully the performance went off without too many dire hitches and lots of people came out which was great. Of course everyone asks me, and Ive been wondering myself, how the baby feels about/endures all the loud noise and rock and roll-ing. I found myself wondering what it would be like to crawl into my own womb, curl up in the amniotic sac and experience for myself how everything looks sounds and feels from in there. I suspect the flashing lights will come through a bit although filtered, and the loud noise will be audible but have that "under water" sound, and as for the feel, I suppose the baby will is subjected to my occasional jerky "pregnant dancing" (largely consisting of mild arm and hip swinging) I feel obligated to do while performing... hopefully no damage has been done save for a child experiencing the liberating joys of rock and roll music. :-)

For those curious, our song list included:

All these things (the Killers)
Zombie (the Cranberries)
Bohemian Like You (Dandy Warhols)
Shine (Collective Soul)
Cold Hard Bitch (Jet)
Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette)
Just a Girl (No Doubt)
Love Shack (B-52)

U was given the job of tape recording the performance with this massive professional videocam, so unfortunately we dont have any photos except for this pre-performance shotI know wow, I actually put some make-up on for this occasion. Ive been on make-up strike for a while and my colleagues were teasing me about how I had eyebrows last night.. harhar.

Its been awhile since the last belly pic so U and I had a quick little morning photo shoot today. So here dear friends, is how the baby is developing at 18.5 weeks from the exterior perspective

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tinee,
love your activities and Im sure BB ( Baby Bi ) too -
gets familiar with modern way of life 2008
thanks for Info
Billie-Ma
21.6.08