What am I going on about? 2 things:
1) Obama is President! We all made it to January 20th and as of noon yesterday we may put some weight on our hopes! His inaugural speech was great. I was rather surprised by the tone which was rather somber, but it reflected our time in history and was an honest account of the current state of affairs. Nevertheless, with O, hope is always the shining beacon - Im excited about times to come!
2) I am currently wearing a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans!! Man this put a smile on my face this morning. :-) Ok admittedly they are way tight and if I'm totally honest there's a bit of "muffin top" action going on, but 2 weeks ago I could barely get them over my thighs! No i havn't gone on some big diet to achieve this. In fact I've been more hungry from all the breast feeding so was surprised when I decided this morning to just TRY them on! happy!
Yesterday I put together the play gym I previously wrote about for KBB. He's currently being transfixed by the many multicolored objects within it which is why I finally have some time to post! Sometimes I wish I could be a child again so that I could find joy and fascination with things just because they rattle or have bold colors.
I go back to work in 2 weeks exactly. When I first started my maternity leave 10 weeks felt like a lifetime and I actually struggled with the idea of staying at home for that long. Its hard to believe therefore, that its all nearing an end soon. My heart hurts a little to think about all the little things I will miss because he is in daycare and I am at work. Right now, I am still able to be the one to call Uli at work and say "he just said woo-ah!" or "he just batted at the rattle!" or "I can tell he really wants to laugh but can't quite get the sounds out - but soon!". I am scared that I will miss that first laugh, or the first time he grasps a toy. I know that right now, I would not be happy, nor can we afford for me to be a stay-at-home mom, but I cannot deny this tugging at my heart when i look at my beautiful boy who grows every day. At the risk of uber cheeziness- have I mentioned that he is my delight and joy and when I see his little face even at 3am I am completely smitten?
Man.. he is so the boss of me for the rest of my life..


2 comments:
That brown sweater is ADORABLE. So is Kai. I can see how he's stolen your heart :)
You'll see, after you start working again you will even be under your pre-pregnancy weight! Wow, only 10 weeks of maternity leave..I don't think I could have done it!
Kai is soo cute (I agree, the brown sweater looks very very nice!). Good luck with your return to your job! Love, Giovanna.
Post a Comment