This past month, Kai celebrated his 1 month birthday, his first Christmas and New Years. We celebrated the holidays in Maryland with the Lo family this year and I got some much needed rest and help from my family. Man, never underestimate the importance of manpower when caring for a baby. It was so nice to have a few extra arms to take turns holding him when he was upset, or rock him down for a nap. I was truly grateful for those pockets of time. U & I were even able to go out for a candlelit dinner together! Quelle luxury!
Christmas was the usual understated (in a good way) affair at my house. This year I spent new years eve alone with Kai - I scarfed down a dinner my mom left me, washed it all down with a can of MGD, fed the baby, and fell asleep when he did - well before midnight! A departure from some of the more glamorous celebrations in the city we've had but this had its own charm as well.
Some photos from the holidays:
It's amazing to see Kai become more and more social every day. In the past post he said his first "ahh". Well now he says many more words including "ooh", "ah-goo" and a combination of those! He also smiles when he is being talked to and played with. He has also grown SO much (in size) in the past 2 weeks. Suddenly one day, I realized that he didnt have enough leg room in his 0-3 month old body suits or his onesies! I put him in a 6 month old outfit yesterday and it fits perfectly! My baby is also definitely getting chunky - as can be evidenced by his meaty thighs, cheeks and chin - more for his mama to love and kiss! He's only just over a month old and I find myself thinking... baby don't grow up so fast! :-)
2 comments:
Such cute pictures! Happy new year to all of you! Love, Giovanna Giovanni and Giulia.
Awww...he's adorable. I love the chunky babies!! Yum yum! :) You look great!!
Post a Comment