

U and I are both amateur wannabe photographers and very much need to work on our skills, but we are having a good time with our new toy(s)! :-)
January has been a snowy and wintry month this year. U's mom is here visiting us. Although we're cooped up indoors a lot due to the weather, Im enjoying her company and at the moment, also enjoying a big slice of her cherry nut cake. delicious! His dad arrives in a few days to join us and it will be nice for Kai to spend some time with both of his German grandparents.
KBB is many things. But most notably, he is HUGE. His 6 month outfits are already fitting a bit snugly! Remember he is not yet 2 months old! He also seems to have settled into a schedule of sorts. He usually naps a few times during day until about 5pm when he starts getting a bit fussy and not knowing what to do with himself. I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that I keep him downstairs during the day with all the blinds open so that he can learn the difference between day and night - as it gets dark at around 5pm, this may be working more effectively than i anticipated?? Anyways, at around 9pm we give him his bath which he absolutely loves, then I take him upstairs for a meal in preparation for everyone's bed time. Now about "sleeping through the night". I have to admit I dont really know whether he is or not. I tend to think he is not. What he does is wake up every 3 hours or so to eat, but he will fall asleep after or during eating and I can put him back into his crib without having to otherwise rock him (which is required during the day). Frankly I find this routine more than bearable although still very tiring as I cannot sleep while I nurse him. But nevertheless, if he maintains this schedule I can probably cope even when I return back to work in 2 weeks. Any tips of getting him to go longer between nighttime feedings is of course appreciated!
A gratuitous picture of KBB napping in his moby wrap (thank you Mon for this awesome carrier!!)

It is wonderful to see him become more social every single day. Our "chats" now go longer and he has a marked new interest in rattles and toys. The other day I put him down in his day bed and he waved at his Mr. Sun toy before promptly starting a conversation with it.
Photographic evidence of this silly behavior :-)
2 comments:
Yay! Glad the moby wrap is working for you. I SO wish I had it when Addie was that young. Congrats on the new camera--great pics!
Kai is so cute! Congratulations CLO and U!
Post a Comment