25 August 2008

Third Trimester begins with Cabbage week

28 weeks! Third Trimester! Cabbage Week! This is certainly a big week as Baby and I reach a milestone with the end of the 2nd trimester and the beginning of our last 3 months together as Mommy and Baby-in-belly.

This past week we welcomed Cindy and Cathy to NY. It's the first time my sisters have spent a week with me and it is definitely something I hope will happen more often. Being 14 years older, I admit to being rather baffled by some teenage behavior, and found myself trying to keep my "big sister" tone in check. I think overall I was successful but I did lose sleep one night wondering how I will handle my own teenager in another 13 years or so. It's quite fascinating to have watched Cindy and Cathy grow up to become young ladies and develop their own unique personalities. It feels like yesterday, when I was changing their diapers and entertaining them as little babies by dancing to the Aladdin soundtrack tape. :-) Now I find myself listening to stories about their friends, driving lessons, SAT prep courses, and of course - Boys. On top of all that, they will be Auntie Cathy & Cindy in a mere 3 months!! How time flies..

As Baby Bi's arrival date draws near, I also seem to have entered the freak-out zone. This past week I found myself expressing quite a bit more anxiety and emotion. I think its a reaction to the fact that my brain doesn't seem able to fit all of the many different things I feel like I should be thinking about - from baby supplies yet to be purchased to work projects I need to start finishing off, visitors in September and having yet to attend a single prenatal class - I feel at times like I am at the edge of losing control. This is all exacerbated by the fact that my pregnancy brain doesn't allow me to remember things and although I have always been a list maker, these days by the time I have found the paper and pen, I have forgotten what it was I was meant to write down...! So much to do, and now, officially, there is so little time!!

I want to get organized and get stuff done, yet at the same time I feel like this would be a perfect chance to teach myself how not to sweat the small stuff. I dont HAVE to basically re-arrange the whole house in order to make room for baby things, I can just pile things on top of things, and re-organize in time. I dont HAVE to stress about preparing for a baby when the human race once prepared for baby by simply putting more twigs in the cave. I dont HAVE to worry about the fact that I still havnt signed up for a labor class when the odds are, even if I never take one, I will still get the baby out somehow. I will learn to let go.. because when he finally arrives, I want to be that chilled out relaxed mom that always goes with the flow... Wish me luck.

Belly shots for week 28

No comments: