We have entered week 27 people! That means 13 weeks until his scheduled arrival. Crap, I wasn't supposed to be counting was I?! Oh well, its impossible not to be increasingly eager to meet my little man!This past week Ive experienced a noticeable change in baby's movements. The sensation of his movements is now not only jerky, but also includes protruding/stretching of body parts (though I can't yet distinguish which parts) and a lot of rolling action. He's also much more "all over the place". Before this week his kicks and punches seemed to be concentrated to my lower belly, but now they are everywhere, and sometimes many places at one time. I have also noticed that he moves when there is a sudden loud noise - especially high pitched ones. For example, there is currently a fire alarm ringing away at work (drill), and he's going nuts! He also has hicupping spells which feel quite funny and sometimes go on for a while. All rather exciting new little "proofs" that he's doing well ..Im loving it! :-)
This weekend my little sisters arrived to spend a week with us. My parents are taking their first vacation alone together since 1993 and Im happy to have some time for sisterly bonding. Its not terribly easy thinking of ways to entertain 16 year olds, but so far they've been happy with a Sunday on the beach followed by homemade quesadillas, so all's pretty chilled.
Our good friend Marta (from Madrid) was also in town last week for a meeting at the Lab. Marta is in cancer research like U, and the great news we've received is that she and her husband Borja are moving to Boston next year! We are totally psyched about this and can't wait to have Boston/NYC visits with each other. In the meantime, it was great to spend a few evenings catching up with her during her visit to CSH.
1 comment:
I love the protruding body part time! SO much fun. People who had never seen it before thought I was housing a little alien ;)
I could never tell what part it was, really, except when Addie would stick her butt out...yeah, she mooned us. :)
Monica
Post a Comment