Week 26 started off with a routine visit to the Obstetrician today and although it was its usual rather rushed affair (30 minutes waiting, 5-10 minutes actual check up), I got the doctor to do a slightly more thorough belly check when I asked her what position the baby was in. Its just amazing that by feeling around the perimeter of my uterus, she could tell me that the baby's head was down, he's facing my back, his little butt is up towards my chest, and his legs and feet were curled towards my left side. It was so nice to get an "image" of how he's lying in me. Im still smiling about it. :-)
With the appointment, I can also provide some up to date stats:
my Blood pressure: 100/58
my Total weight: 132 lbs.
my Weight gain to date: 14 lbs.
my Feelings about weight gain: need to start controlling it
my Fundal height: 28 cm (ie: baby is measuring about 2 weeks bigger than expected!)
my Current cravings: still sweets
BB's Estimated length: 14 inches
BB's Estimated weight: 1.75 lbs.
BB's Heartrate: 150 beats per minute
BB's Current craving: still sweets
BB's Favorite activity: head-butting my bladder
This past weekend we visited Boston for the first time. Our good friend Aron has just moved there to start a swanky new job at Novartis Biomedical Institute and we had a great time exploring the city with him.
I admit to having had a slight negative and not terribly fair bias against Boston before the visit. I blamed this bias on my freshman year roommate at Georgetown who 1) often bragged about being from Boston and 2) was a rather pretentious person who could only be further described as "frigid".
However, after a really nice weekend there, I have formed my new positive view of Boston. We were blessed with stunningly beautiful weather for the two days we were there, and U & I both thought it would be a great place to live and work. After living the big city life in London, followed by the real suburban life on Long Island, we now think our ideal would be to live in the city again, and Boston seems to have the perfect size and "feel" of a quaint, accessible yet still culturally diverse and "happening" city. It is a very aesthetically pleasing city and if I ever get fed up with the preppyness and need some more edginess, NYC is only 4.5 hours away. It doesn't have the tempo or trend-setting tendencies of bigger cities like NYC or London, but on the flip side I could definitely see us raising Baby Bi there, and maintaining an urban lifestyle at the same time. I would find it stressful to raise Baby in central NYC or London and would not want to live in the suburbs of either city. Boston seems like it could be the perfect balance. I'd definitely like to visit again and delve a little deeper. In the meantime, Verdict = thumbs up for Boston.






No comments:
Post a Comment