Hello from work. It is 2:31 pm and my to-do list is complete. My desk is cleared. My out of office message is ready to be turned on. I am sitting here appearing calm, but feeling like a 8 year old who is going to Disney World for the first time. Inside Im all giddy and hyper laced with no small dose of exhuastion.
Our long awaited vacation is T minus 7 hours until take off on Lufthansa from JFK to Frankfurt. This is Uli and I's first proper trip since before I was pregnant. And it is of course, KBB's very first flight and international trip.
My packing list for this trip had 3 columns - 2.5 of which were under the heading "Kai". Uli and I have historically been very much throw things in a bag and go kind of people. I have no problem heading off with a few changes of clothes and my passport. But now with baby in tow, I just can't bear the thought of Kai not having his favorite blankey, or toys, enough changes of clothes for warm, hot, cool, or cold weather, snacks and drinks. In summary, enough to hopefully keep him from breaking down into a 7 hour flight long hysteria.
A baby. On a plane. for over 7 hours. god save us.
I hope to post pictures. hysteria and all. Watch this space!
03 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where did you go? Where are the pictures?!?!
Post a Comment