Now that I am 8.5 months old, I thought I'd share with you a bit about what I've been up to lately.
Its been a busy month. I got a bit bored of sitting in one place while my favorite ball kept rolling away, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and go after it. I am man enough to admit that when I started to move around, I looked kind of like the main character in my favorite book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Mama and Papi as well as Ms. Karen from daycare kept trying to get me to use my knees, but I have chosen to ignore them and have enhanced my own technique without resorting to the primitive use of knees which inevitably results in pain and bruises. My personal style utilizes the lift and glide effect which allows one to cover ground in a smooth and effective way. I should patent this move.

Mama and Papi made a big hooha and seemed very pleased that I could crawl at first. But just as I was going to look into that interesting cabinet with all the books, they grabbed me, ran to Buy Buy Baby and came back to put up this giant fence across my play room and stuck little plastic things into those electrical outlets which I had big plans on sticking my fingers in..


hmm.
Anyways. I decided to get back at them by sitting up by myself. Papi certainly looked shocked when he came to my room one morning and found me sitting and chillin' with Pengu.

They redeemed themselves for the fence thing by taking me on my first trip to the biggest bath tub Ive ever seen! The water was a little cold for my taste, and I missed duckie, but overall it was a lot of fun.

On a more philosophical note, I have found recently that with a little strategic thinking and some determination, more things that Mama and Papi have been keeping out of my reach, can be attained with little to no effort. For example, I have been eyeing that remote control thing for a while now, but its always just sitting there, on the sofa, tauntingly close but yet very much out of reach. Well, I figured out that with a simple but adept combination of kneeling, then reaching, holding and pulling, I can master the realm of couch world! At long last, all those fun things they had been keeping from me are now within reach!

Oh and that's not all. Mealtime is now a jolly fun time to watch Mama squeal and make funny faces when I grab the spoon and plate. Im not sure how much clearer I had to make it to her - I can feed myself! Whats the big deal? You put everything in or around your face and some of it is bound to land in the mouth, right?

Well, its been fun guest blogging. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my recent adventures. I'll definitely be back. In the meantime, I better return to check on the big people who are wondering where Ive been...
See ya! :-)
5 comments:
so precious! makes me smile!
Welcome to the blogging world Baby Bi! You're such a busy, busy boy, I'm sure you'll keep your mommy on her toes!
ADORABLE!
That was a great blog Kai! Looking forward to your next post!
Lots of kisses
dear Kai
grandpap and grandma in germany are very excited to meet you in a fortnight, i.e. sept 04 and hope you will enjoy your first flight cross the atlantic ! be sure, everything will be very interesting for you and quite different to the world you know. We are looking forward to wonderful holidays in family's harmony, wir freuen uns riesig auf dich, KBB, Tinee und CUB und Pap Nbi
Bille Omi
Post a Comment