I had a routine Obstetrician appointments this morning and I thought that since this is a pregnancy blog, I should put up some of my (our) recent stats:
my blood pressure: 118/62
my weight: 125
my weight gain to date: 7lbs.
my uterus: two inches above my naval
my current favorite food: muesli with banana
my current guilty favorite afternoon snack: peanut M&Ms
BB's heart rate: 143 beats/min.
BB's weight at 20 weeks (from ultrasound): 12 ounces - he should be around 1lb. now
BB's current length: around 1 ft.
BB's ultrasound report: everything measuring normal
BB's current favorite food: muesli with banana
BB's current guilty favorite afternoon snack: peanut M&Ms
Im still baffled by my new found sweet tooth. Before I was pregnant, I could probably endure one piece of sweet thing 2 max a day, including fruit. I rarely if ever have dessert.. simply didnt have a craving for sweets. These days, I can eat multiple sweet things a day and think about them quite regularly. Savory foods, without finishing off with something sweet, leaves me feeling unsatisfied. Fruit can do the job just fine so Ive been trying to stick to them, but the peanut M&M, sitting there in the office vending machine just calls to me at around 3pm everyday and I find myself barely trying to restrain myself.
I admitted this naughty recent habit to U this morning who preached rather directly about the effects of food coloring on one's hormones. I joked that it might be cool to have a red, green, yellow, blue and brown baby but nope, not even a grin. So yours truly is feeling rather terrible about indulging in sinful processed artificial candy snacks and with this entry I publicly declare that I shall stay away from the vending machine...
15 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay, I"m all about making sure you feed the baby healthy food, but sometimes the pregnancy cravings are non-negotiable...Uli...let her have some MnMS!!!
:)
Check these out for a healthy alternative:
http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=172832&prrfnbr=213681
hahaha! you should have seen the guilt me and my female cohorts laid on felix for taking my fries away from my mcdonald's combo (milkshake included)! i had the WORST diet when pregnant with Cady. i craved donuts and cookies...as many as i can get my hands on...everyday...every minute... kudos for being a stronger woman than i was, just don't be too hard on yourself (or let uli be too hard on you)!
yay! Glad I have the support of two lovely women who have been through it (Monica and Caroline). Uli is duly hanging his head in shame for denying a pregnant woman her peanut M&Ms - Score! :-)
Post a Comment