
Here we are... the first pics of our little olive from 2 different perspectives.
U and I went to our first prenatal appointment last Friday. When the doc finally did the ultrasound and we saw the baby, I was completely silent, in awe and staring at the screen. U was all smiles and was trying not to jump up and down! I secretly had this anxiety that when it came time for the ultrasound, there would be nothing there. That morning, I had one of my nasty snake dreams and woke up screaming. The dream was not directly baby related, but I think reflected some of the anxiousness I was feeling.
No longer. U and I are totally psyched! We saw a little flashing heartbeat and it was frankly.. mindblowing. :-) I feel so much better, less anxious, now that we've had the ultrasound and I can gaze at an actual image for some reassurance that its real and everything is looking good as the doctor says. As the pregnancy progresses though, I find myself sometimes forgetting the fact that there's a living being in me. But when I suddenly remember the above image, the feeling is just fabulous!
*edit*
PS: No multiple babies - PHEW! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment