Its been over 2 years since my last post. Life has been good. U and I got married, moved to New York, settled into the weird life at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, got back from a fabulous trip from Costa Rica....
..... and today found out from a drug store bought pee-stick-test..
that we're pregnant.
Hence feeling surreal...
...not to mention deeply happy....
We've decided to keep our news to ourselves for a while, at least until Ive seen the doctor. And since keeping secrets makes me very anxious, its time to start blogging again.
So far, Ive had no symptoms. The only "symptom" I've had was NOT having any PMS symptoms, which was really weird, cause Ive had PMS every month since I was 11. I also read online today, that one is supposed to gain 25-35 pounds during a normal pregnancy. Dear lord I'm going to be one fat short asian girl.
Its funny, the thoughts that are going through my mind. I dont seem worried about whether we will be good enough parents, or the excrutiating pains of labor. Instead I've spent all day being unproductive at work, wondering among other things:
can I really finally eat whatever I want whenever I want (whist smacking my lips and rubbing my hands)?, when will I stop fitting into these jeans?, how should I sit...will crossing my legs cramp the baby's space?
I guess I dont quite believe its real. Uli and I are both behaving rather schizo.. giddy and blissful one moment and then we'll turn to each other and both have that "OMFG" look on our faces.
I suppose the next step is to find an OB/GYN so that they can slap us with a reality pill. On that note, watch this space... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment