"Welcome to bean week!" - this is how Uli greeted me this morning :-)According to our trusty pregnancy book, the baby grows to the size of a small bean this week! I am currently feeling queasy and wretched but thankfully no active puking yet. Im hoping I can be completely saved from Morning Sickness, but I am increasingly feeling nauseated by various foods (including cheese and other savory things which Ive always loved) and an affinity towards cakes and sweets! Mom thinks my new found sweet tooth means Im having a girl but I think Ive developed a sweet tooth because I'm bearing U's child... :-)
In non-baby news. We celebrated Uli's 29th birthday this weekend with relatively low-key activities. I bought tickets to the NY International auto show, which was pretty cool. Followed by a few hours of walking aimlessly around the city, then dinner at Won Jo in K-town. I realized from this day out, that my body is very much anti-exertion right now. After 8 hours on my feet I was miserable and exhausted and the Korean food gave me frightening gas which lasted all of the next day! Clearly the little bean is not keen on Korean food and I will most probably be staying away from it for the next 7.5 months!
Ive also had bouts of crying fits but we wont talk about that to save me my last few ounces of dignity.
U has been wonderful lately. I admit to ever so slightly milking the "I'm so tired, and dizzy, and pregnant" thing, but he's taken it all in good stride and has cooked, cleaned and allowed the occasional crying fits to bounce off him. I have a good feeling about this guy.. :-)
Happy to be in bean week!
No comments:
Post a Comment