After a bit of a hiatus, I feel the need to send a personal message to my blog...
Dear blog,
Since the birth of Baby Bi, there hasn't been a day that I havn't thought about coming to you. You were a great vessel for gathering thoughts and self reflection during the pregnancy. I have wanted to log on and detail my every thought, emotion, experience, newly discovered facial expressions and milestones of the baby. But alas, every time I get ready to post, I am either called away by my new full time, 24 hour job (KBB), or I realize that Im not "ready" to write.. that I need more time to absorb this sudden crazy new world and life that has befallen me before I can find the words to describe it.
For these first few weeks, i felt like i was dropped off in a vast ocean with no land in sight. All i could do was tread water, hoping to stay afloat. Just when I thought I could tread no more, that I was certain to drown, I glimpsed land. And that land was beautiful, it was a land full of love, laughter, adventure, and challenges yet to be discovered....
How's that for a metaphor! :-)
I needed some time to internalize it all before I could share the experience. But now, I'm back. I'm ready to write, ready to document this incredible journey, to record KBB's little smiles. Im ready to be the new me, a me I never knew but was always meant to be - Mama.
Happy 3 week birthday Kai. Mama loves you.
CLO
2 comments:
Welcome back! I'm excited to see the documentation of this new life unfold before our eyes!
That bottom left picture--the smile--that is perfection.
Oh my gosh, Christina! He is so, so sweet!
You look great!
Post a Comment